Job Role : Head Operations
Job Title : Sr.GM / GM - Operation
Job Location : Surat (Head Office)
Experience : 20-30 Years
Perks and Benefits : 20-25 LPA
To lead the Large production unit of manufacturing company for the footwear business.
We are looking for Head of Operations for multiple manufacturing units for one of the leading manufacturers of Footwear Company in India. The company currently has manufacturing units in Surat & Bahadurgarh, offering high quality products in only PU slipper and sandal with a capacity of 1lac pairs per day. The company has a joint venture with Italian company for technology & know-how, which provides it with a competitive edge in the market.
Role and Responsibility
a) Manufacturing Operations
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations
- Be responsible for daily production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Develop and drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Participate in various activities related to safety, quality, productivity, innovation, information and data security, supply management, people management and other delivery
- Allocate resources effectively
- Prepare budgets using various forecasting models
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Build and maintain a trusting relationship with employees
- Communicate with employees about performance expectations
- Give useful feedback to employees
- Recruit, hire and onboard new staff and contract workforce with close working with HR team
- Determine KPIs and measure them on a regular basis
- Ensure smooth daily operations
- Adhere to company's rules and regulations
- Stay up to date with latest production trends, best practices and technology
b) Business Ownership
- Generating new business opportunities
- Managing relationships with clients, stakeholders, and influencers
- Assessing new opportunities to focus on opportunities
- Promoting or developing the companys brand and building awareness about it with customers
- Managing various business proposals and submissions
- Engaging competitors and reviewing our offering in the light of competitors products
- Participating in new business negotiations
Candidate Qualification & Skills :
- Bachelors degree in Footwear Design/Technology from FDDI / NIFT
- At least 20 years of experience in managing operational function of Production related to footwear manufacturing.
- Candidate must have 5-10 years similar experience of working as role of Head of Operation in a footwear manufacturing plant or related business
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening, presentation and decision making skills
- Proactive, solution provider and Superior problem solving skills
- Ability to lead mass production units
- In-depth knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Experience with various aspects of business such as safety, production, HR, marketing, supply and demand management
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Expert in managing team spread across different locations.
- Well versed in MS Excel & Power Point Presentation
- Good understanding of problem solving tools (like Fish bone analysis, Why-Why analysis, Pareto chart, 80-20 rule, brainstorming).
- System & process oriented
- Must have participated in reviews (monthly/ quarterly/ annual) with senior management team.
- Must have handled audits Quality, commercial, equipment
- Must have used SAP PP module.
Reports to : Managing Director
Subordinate Staff : Purchase & Store / Maintenance / HR / F&A / IT / R&D /Depot / Logistics / SCM Team
External contacts : Vendors, Clients & Associates
Perks and Benefits : 20-25 LPA
Role : Head / Sr GM / GM Production / Manufacturing / Maintenance
Industry Type : Footwear
Functional Area : Production, Manufacturing, Maintenance
Employment Type : Full Time, Permanent
Role Category : Senior Management
Key Skills : Business Operations Plant Operations Planning Operations PPC
Operational excellence Inventory management MIS Production scheduling
SCM Team Process management Material Planning Manpower Planning
Production Planning SAP Production General Management
Operations Management Procurement Management 5S System Kaizen Six Sigma Quality
UG:Any Graduate in Any Specialization
Condor Footwear (India) Ltd.
The Condor Footwear Group
Condor Footwear (India) Limited, is one of the leading footwear manufacturers in India.
Established in the year 1997, it is recognised as the pioneer of PU (polyurethane) footwear technology in India. The company has a JV with a leading Italian brand Condor Trade S.R.L. Group, a world leader in PU footwear.
Condor Footwear Group has two state of the art manufacturing facilities at Surat, Gujarat in India. Equipped with the latest Italian machines and large mould bank, the Company has a production capacity of footwear Pu slipper and sandal with a capacity of 1lac pairs per day.
The Company has major presence in the Men & Women footwear segments with its wide range of Sandals & Slippers and sells under its popular brands : Inblu, Aerowalk & Chips, which are highly popular for their trendy styles, comfortable soles and affordable price. Its continuous efforts to provide best quality products have put its brands on top of mind of the customers.
The company has been selling in the Indian footwear market and is also an exporter to over 45 countries in the Middle East, African & Asian Sub-continents.
In India, the company currently sells through the wholesale channels, as well as, private labels, large format stores and online channels.